The Executive Director of Atlantic Baptist Women is accountable to the ABW Executive Board and may receive advice and support for immediate concerns from the President in consultation with the Officers.
The Executive Director is responsible to:
Serve in conjunction with the ABW Executive Board to promote the ministry of ABW; to assist in the organizing of new groups and any other approved strategies which create an awareness of the activities of ABW.
(a) Provide resources to revitalize existing groups through speaking engagements, workshops, Tidings Magazine, IMPACT - Keeping Current with ABW, and the Program Resource Booklet
b) Consult with the Officers about resources.
Oversee the ABW office and answer inquiries
Be an ex-officio member, without vote, of ABWʼs Executive Board Committees and provide support and assistance to them whenever possible.
Contribute an article periodically for Tidings Magazine.
(a) Attend meetings of the Canadian Baptist Womenʼs Committee, and serve as a representative on the Baptist Women of North Americaʼs Executive Board.
(b) Attend meetings of Canadian Baptist Ministries.
7. Assist in maintaining links with and promoting the Baptist Women of North America and the Baptist World Alliance Women’s Department.
8. Present a written/verbal report to the Executive Board meetings and to the Annual General Meeting.
9. Serve as the chairperson of the interMISSION Planning Committee.
10. (a) Work with the Home Missions Coordinator in the hiring of summer staff for Daily Vacation Bible School teams.
(b) Assist the Home Missions Coordinator in the facilitating of the missions program taught at camps.
11. Maintain awareness of all social media aspects of ABW through our website, Facebook page, etc., and of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada.
12. Be available for annual review prior to December 31 each year with the President and one other Officer.
13. Submit expenses regularly, using the approved form, with applicable receipts.
Criteria of Applicant
Have extensive knowledge of Atlantic Baptist Women, Canadian Baptist Women, Baptist Women of North America, and the Baptist World Alliance.
Have computer skills.
Be able to set up and work from a home office (computer and cellphone provided).
Be skilled in multigenerational ministry.
Be able to work in conjunction with other staff.
Be responsible to work with the ABW Executive.
Be a visionary for ABW.
Forty hours per week (full time).
Salary: commensurate with years of experience.
Four weeks (20 working days) annual paid vacation to be taken at times arranged in consultation with the Officers.
Response to Applications: Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Resumé and cover letter to be sent to:
Closing date for applications: March 27, 2020.